Book review - Vampire Academy




"I was taken down by a bench."

*DISCLAIMER* This post may contain spoilers.


This book and the subsequent series has gotten a lot of bad rep. over the years because of the film and also because of the title. Vampire Academy seems to signify a sappy vampire romance story which may appeal to some people, but not to a lot of others. Some fear this story will be a lot like Twilight which many people do not like. Thus, they don't pick up this book. A couple of months ago, I decided to be brave and read this book even though I practice the nasty habit of judging a book by its cover and its title. I am so glad I took the chance because this book has been severely misjudged. From the very beginning, one can tell that the plot of this novel runs far deeper than romance. The book has The Three Ms; Magic, Mystery and Murder. Love and betrayal are part of the complex plot too. My favourite part, though, is the bond that Rose and Lissa share. Its the kind of bond that proves that some friendships can be stronger than those bound by blood. A shadow bond if you may. 

Final Verdict: I think this book really deserves a chance, especially with all the skeptics out there.

Will I read the rest of the series: Yes and I did actually. I finished all six books in a month with all my schoolwork. It was that good



Rating: 4/5 



Images found on www.google.com/images
This book can be purchased from www.bookdepository.com. They have free international shipping. Please comment what you think of this. If you have read this book then definitely comment what you think of it because it is always nice to hear other people's opinions. I want to say that these reviews are meant to recommend books for people to read, it was never my intention to write in-depth book reviews worthy of an A-Level in English Literature. Have a nice day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates

BH Cosmetics face makeup

Meet The Author

Fatima Sarfaraz is a full time student who loves reading and writing. She also thoroughly enjoys the look and application of makeup. Wait....what was that? OMG A FAE IS SITTING IN MY LIVING ROOM. This idiot also has an overactive imagination.