What If - Beauty Edition

Hey guys,
I get a lot of questions, relating to makeup, about what would suit different people based on their skin types, colours etc. In the beauty edition of this segment, I will gather some of the most popular questions asked and my answers to them.

Let us begin.


WHAT IF I have dry skin but I don't want to look as dewy as most dry skin foundations make me look. I want a natural finish.

If you want something with a drugstore price point then I would suggest the Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Normal/Dry skin. 





This foundation has incredible coverage without feeling cakey in your skin. It is a light and thin formula and it blends really well. It has a natural finish to it and it won't rub off with normal wear. It also looks fresh all day long.

If you don't mind shelling out the bucks then I would suggest the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation.




It has a light to medium coverage and it is build-able and very easily blend-able. I lasts 4+ hours and has a very nice satin/natural finish. It can, however, transfer after about 5 hours so maybe touch it up by then.  

WHAT IF my blush always looks artificial on my skin.

A cream blush usually looks more natural on the skin. They are very easy to apply, very blend-able, and last a very long time. My favourites are the Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm in Roly Poly Rosy,




The MAC Cremeblend Blush in Posey,




And the Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Charmed.




However, if you you do wish to make a powder blush look more natural, take a buffing brush to buff the blush into the skin after you applied it. You can use whatever you used to apply your foundation to do this, or you can even dip your brush into a little bit of powder foundation to blend out the blush. 


WHAT IF I suck at liquid eyeliner but it just looks sooo beautiful.

I know the feeling, I suck at liquid eyeliner too. What I like to do is use gel liner because it offers the beauty of liquid liner, in my opinion, but I find it much more easier to apply. I recommend the MAC Fluidline Gel Liner that I actually previously reviewed.




I also recommend the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama 24hr Gel Eyeliner.




If you want to do liquid liner, then you can use a matte black eye shadow as a guide for the liner. Take an angled or and eyeliner brush, dip into a little bit of black eye shadow and line your eyes as if it were a liner. This is a good method because the eye shadow is a lot easier to remove than liquid liner. Use liquid liner over the black eye shadow and voila, you have perfectly lined eyes. Alternatively, you can wear the black eye shadow on it's own as a softer alternative to liquid/gel liner.

WHAT IF I only have 5 minutes to do my makeup - what would make the most difference?

I would say a little concealer under your eyes can make you look instantly awake and like you had a good night's sleep. My favourite concealers are the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (reviewed here),




And the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer which I also reviewed.




So that's it for today's segment of What If - Beauty Edition. If you liked this post and would like to see more then please let me know through my Twitter or my Google + pages. Used any of these product? Comment below what you think of them. Have a nice day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates

BH Cosmetics face makeup

Meet The Author

Fatima Sarfaraz is a full time student who loves reading and writing. She also thoroughly enjoys the look and application of makeup. Wait....what was that? OMG A FAE IS SITTING IN MY LIVING ROOM. This idiot also has an overactive imagination.