Beauty Review - Urban Decay's Naked 2 Palette





Pros: These shadows are super duper pigmented. I swipe my finger on the shadows lightly and a ton of pigment comes off on my finger. I have to wet my brush with most shadows to get the best colour pay-off but I really don't have to with these.That being said, I really think that the W7 In The Buff palette is a great dupe for this. There is a nice range of colours, from warm tones to cool tones. There are mattes and shimmers. The finish of the colours is beautiful. The shadows and soft and buttery and they blend very easily. There are two glitter colours in this palette and they are Chopper and YDK. YDK also happens to be one of my favourite colours of all time. They have micro glitters which just give such a beautiful look overall. I like the fact that they included a matte highlight in this palette. I think that the blending brush end of the accompanied brush is pretty good. The lasting power of these shadows is pretty good and they last even longer with a primer underneath. I have never noticed any creasing so that is another thing.


Cons: There is so much fallout with this palette. A huge amount. When using this palette, I definitely recommend doing your eyes first. I don't think that this is an everyday sorta palette because of the lack of mattes, unless you like to just apply a shimmer shadow all over the lid. If so, then please ignore that last bit. Even though there are both warm and cool toned shadows, I think they there are one too many cool toned ones. I think that they could really use a warm crease or transition shade to make this a complete palette.I have noticed that in the latest versions of this palette, the shadows are still buttery but they are chalkier than the old versions of this exact palette. The flat end of the accompanied brush is rubbish, in my opinion. 



Will I re-purchase?: Honestly, probably not because of it's price and the fact that I found a dupe.



Rating: 4/5












If anybody has any tips with taking pictures then please let me know because I can use some help.
The first image was taken from www.google.com/images and the rest were taken by me.
This product can be purchased from SephoraUlta and from Amazon. 
If you have used this product then please comment down below what you think of it. 
Don't forget to follow this blog on Twitter and Google +. Also follow us on Bloglovn' by clicking the link in the sidebar. Have a nice day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates

BH Cosmetics face makeup

Meet The Author

Fatima Sarfaraz is a full time student who loves reading and writing. She also thoroughly enjoys the look and application of makeup. Wait....what was that? OMG A FAE IS SITTING IN MY LIVING ROOM. This idiot also has an overactive imagination.