Book review - Splintered



Publisher's summary:  Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.

When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.



*DISCLAIMER* This post may contain spoilers.


"It's the Wonderland crew after a heavy dose of radiation poisoning."

It is a beautiful cover. I know that we must not judge a book by its cover but I must confess that I am guilty of doing exactly that. So, it is a beautiful cover. Splintered is one of those books that you have to stick with. I must be honest, the beginning is very boring and I don't like the main character, Alyssa, at the beginning. Alyssa is way too winy for me. I also do not like Jeb and I think that most people who have read this book will agree with me. It seems as if Jeb is way too overprotective of Alyssa. It is as if he is determining her life course for her. At this point I want to drop the book but then comes the Wonderland part and I am hooked. The idea of a dark Wonderland always intrigued me and Howard did not disappoint. It is so enticing that you won't be able to put the book down. In wonderland we meet Morpheus. Morpheus is evil and noble at the same time. He helps the hero fight her battle but he does so because of malicious intentions. He is the perfect anti-hero. He is neither light nor dark and I love him. Team Morpheus all the way. Alyssa's adventures in Wonderland are a dark take on Alice's adventures.

 Final verdict: This book deserves a chance and I strongly suggest that you read it.

Will I read the rest of the series: I think I will even though i'm not sure how relevant it will be since the book did not end on a cliffhanger.



Rating:4/5


Images found on www.google.com/images
Summary found on goodreads.com
This book can be purchased on www.bookdepository.com, they have free international shipping.
Please comment what you think of this. If you have read this book then definitely comment what youo think of it because it is always nice to hear other people's opinions. Don't forget to follow this blog on Google Plus and Bloglovin' by clicking the links in the sidebar. Follow me on Twitter @booksandthelook and Like my page on Facebook www.facebook.com for instant blog updates. Have a nice day!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates

BH Cosmetics face makeup

Meet The Author

Fatima Sarfaraz is a full time student who loves reading and writing. She also thoroughly enjoys the look and application of makeup. Wait....what was that? OMG A FAE IS SITTING IN MY LIVING ROOM. This idiot also has an overactive imagination.